Here is some information about the book from the American Phytopathological Society (the book's publisher):
- Turf Fungicide Fundamentals
- Modes of Action of Fungicides
- Fungicide Resistance
- Factors That Influence Fungicide Performance
- Biofungicides, Phosphonates, and Post-Patent Products
- Fungicide Interactions
- Scheduling Fungicides for Turf Disease Control
- Fungicide Regulation
- Interpreting Fungicide Performance Research
- Turf Disease Characteristics and Control
- Turf Fungicide Profiles
- Provides turf managers with a sound foundation and understanding of how and why fungicides work by explaining how they move within the plant (phytomobility) and how they stop fungal growth (mode of action)
- Explains how to integrate disease-control chemicals with essential management practices and shows how a variety of plant, pathogen, and environmental factors can influence fungicide performance.
- Describes different approaches to scheduling fungicide applications—based on damage thresholds, days between sprays, and environmental conditions—explaining the advantages and disadvantages of each approach and enabling development of effective strategies and tactics for disease control.
- Supplies a single source for accurate, current descriptions and control recommendations for more than two dozen damaging turf diseases caused by fungi.
- Separates anecdotal fungicide selection information from valid research results and explains how to interpret research reports using examples describing the effectiveness of fungicide products.